If you're not familiar with the brand, Rigby and Peller is a world-wide destination retailer synonymous with discretion and excellence. In 1960 the Royal Warrant was granted to Rigby & Peller by H.M. Queen Elizabeth II and in 1982 owner June Kenton became the grantee of the Royal Warrant as Corsetiere to H.M. Queen Elizabeth II. They now have eight stores across the South of the UK.
Now we know our HBBS readers enjoy some practical advise, and so, here's some titbits from our visit - an essential guide to getting your lingerie perfect on that all important day.
- Always seek the advise of your dress fitter on the best type of underwear for your dress.
- If you haven't been measured for a bra recently now is the time - you want to feel secure and comfortable on your big day so make sure your underwear is the perfect fit.
- If you need a low-backed option, go as tight as is comfortable - you may not believe it but it will feel more secure - and that's extremely important as the most photographed woman of the day!
- If trying a Basque-style bra, lean in to it before fastening for a precise fit.
- Be careful of underwear seams if your dress is tight-fitting or in a light-weight fabric. Do your best to try your underwear first and take to a dress fitting.
- Be careful on contrasting colours - that powder blue underwear set may be gorgeous but the silhouette showing through your dress won't be!
- Lastly, take your time. You want to feel like the best possible version of you at your wedding and so take the time to find the right style and shape for you. Try new things and don't be afraid to ask questions during your fitting.